Kansas Youth Soccer Update
Kansas Youth Soccer Membership,
As you know we are in trying times. Everyone’s goal is to get the kids playing as soon as possible. We are working to make this happen, in a timely fashion when it is safe to resume and we can conduct programming in a safe manner.
Please be assured we are working though the issues at hand. We just don’t want to make any predictions of when we are going to be back on the field. The ever changing information we are given from US Youth Soccer, The State of Kansas and local municipalities, makes it hard for us to determine when we are allowed to return to business as usual.
KSYSA WANTS TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT NO DECISIONS ON TRYOUTS OR THE STATE TOURNAMENTS (STATE CUP, PRESIDENTS CUP and JUNIOR STATE CUP) HAVE BEEN FINALIZED.
KSYSA Board and Staff along with the KSYSA Sanction leagues are in daily communication, working through the finalizing of when we can kick off again. We have received some ideas from member clubs on how they would like to proceed after the pandemic breaks. We are vetting the concerns and recommendations of our member clubs, keeping in mind that every member club has as unique set of circumstances they are dealing with at this time.
Please keep in mind we are working with many moving parts and want to act in the best interest to all who are involved with KSYSA.
We understand that many are looking for ways to continue to be sustainable during this time. We are working with USYS, United Soccer Coaches and others to provide engagement for clubs during this time of social distancing. We are being proactive on trying to find out when we can return to play and to normalcy. We just don’t want to get members hopes up by setting dates that might not be the reality.
Thank you for your support and understanding, WE WILL COMMUNICATE REGULARLY TO UPDATE INFORMATION ON PROGRAMMING AND RESUMING PLAY AS IT IS FINALIZED.
Yours in Soccer,
Kansas Youth Soccer Update
Kansas Clubs, Members, and Administrators,
With the evolving crisis regarding COVID-19, more commonly known as the Coronavirus, Kansas Youth Soccer has been closely monitoring the situation just like all of you at home.
On March 12, 2020 Kansas Youth Soccer suspended all state-level sponsored activities including Kansas ODP, Coaching Courses and other programs scheduled for the rest of March 2020. New guidelines have been provided from health and governmental organizations and with that context, we’ve reviewed what further action we should take. As many of you know the amount of cases of Covid-19 has increased in Kansas and with now cases of community spread of the virus. As such the Governor Lauren Kelly has closed all school buildings for the rest of the academic year and nationally avoid gatherings of 10 or more people.
Effective today 3/23/2020 Kansas Youth Soccer is amending its decision by mandating that all KSYSA sanctioned activities within our association be immediately suspended through April 15 th , 2020 as per the guidance of US Youth Soccer (USYS). This includes but is not limited to the following:
- All sanctioned leagues and tournament play (if your club runs a league)
- Team or Individual Practices/Trainings
- All tryouts, camps or clinics
- In-person organizational meetings or educational sessions
- Friendly games or scrimmages
- Until the prohibition is lifted, KSYSA will NOT be sanctioning any soccer related activities during this period.
- By not being sanctioned, any club, team, league or organization hosting any soccer related activity will do so without insurance coverage.
As for information on future programs and events that KSYSA has scheduled for Spring 2020 here are a few more details on that matter.
- The Kansas State Tournaments (State Cup, Presidents Cup, & Jr. State Cup) play dates that been schedule are still on as planned. However, it should be known that KSYSA intends to complete all state tournaments before the 2020-2021 seasonal year. We are working on multiple scenarios to complete the state tournaments, but the fluidity of this situation along with the unknown return to play date and regional competition status make it impossible to do anything but plan.
- As of March 23, 2020, USYS has not cancelled or moved dates for Regional or National competitions (National Championship Series or Presidents Cup). Should a change occur, KSYSA will update our members and teams currently registered to play in the event.
With the acknowledgement that we’re facing the unknown and we may not be able to play spring soccer. We ask for patience as we all try to comprehend the impact of this unprecedented pandemic. Please continue to take all advisements and instructions from local/national health agencies to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Please note that every area in Kansas is different during this situation and we advise all clubs to follow all City and County directives should they be issued for your area and may extend longer than what USYS & KSYSA mandate states as we battle this virus together.