Kansas Premier Soccer League was originally the premier league run by Heartland Soccer Association.That has since changed and KPSL (Kansas Premier Soccer League) is now one of six soccer clubs that are playing under the “umbrella” of Heartland Soccer Association. The word “League” is still part of the organization’s name for historical reasons. KPSL is considered the home of the independent team or club.
News items: 09/02/2021
Gina and Goran Hunjak are beloved members of the KC soccer community. Goran coaches with KC Athletics.
Sadly his wife Gina was diagnosed with an aggressive form of brain cancer. Gina and Goran are great people which can be seen through their ministry work with Victory Soccer. We want to rally our KPSL community to help with medical bills or anything else they might need by contributing to their GoFundMe page.
Thanks in advance for your support.
News items: 08/23/2021
Thank you for being a KPSL member, we value your membership and appreciate you giving the gift of soccer to kids in your community. With the pandemic, we know times are tough for some families, and we would like to give back to our members, especially those players that have an extreme financial need, and would not be able play soccer unless they have monetary support.
Therefore, we are putting together an application process where clubs can request grants on behalf of players in need. These funds cannot go towards any fees for the club such as coaching payments, club payments, or annual registrations. These funds must be used for the players league fees, tournament fees, player cards or uniforms. All information submitted will be kept confidential.
If you would like to apply for funds for a player in your club, please click on the link below and apply. We are taking initial requests until September 6th.
Just a reminder for all teams who registered as a KPSL member for Heartland Fall league:
News items: 07/12/2021
Congrats to the Toca Boys 2007 MLS Team for advancing to Nationals!
The Toca 2007 Boys MLS team, led by Coach Jon Collett, earned the right to complete at the USYS National Championships by winning and advancing out of the regional tournament in St. Louis.
The National Championships will take place in Florida, July 19-25, and we wish the Toca players, coaches and parents all the best and good luck in grabbing some very prestigious hardware later this month.
News items: 07/02/2021
Looking for a team for the 2021-22 season? Check out the teams below who have spots on their roster for additional players.
- “Silver Tigers (girls. Heartland Premier / U18 / Div 4) is looking for players for our Fall Season 2021 at Heartland. If interested, please contact coach Julio Santiago at 913.201.5506 or julio.s.santiago@ gmail.com.
News items: 06/14/2021
We are excited to welcome you all back for the 2021-22 soccer season. We are all looking forward to a new season of soccer. Hopefully, everyone has gotten through the tryout process with great ease.
We do want to bring a few things to your attention for the upcoming season. There have been a few changes since the new year. Many of you may have worked with Carrie Douglas in the KSYSA office. Carrie has helped us with registrar duties since January 2021. We would like to thank Carrie for all her help until we were able to fill the position. We would like to welcome our new registrar, Sheila Ozburn. She has many years of experience working with soccer administration. She has worked with the KC Legends for many years in their offices as administrative and team support. Sheila will be working from our office located at the Garmin Olathe Soccer Complex.
New Registration Information For The 2021-22 Season
- All requests for cards/rosters must be submitted by 5:00pm on Wednesday to be ready for pick up by following Friday at 3:00pm.
- Office hours will be 10:00-3:00pm Monday-Friday.
- There WILL NOT be an after-hours drop off or pick up location. Coaches/Managers will need to plan for documents to be picked up by a team official during business hours.
- All requests for new roster/player card for the 2021-22 season must by turned in by 5pm on MONDAY JULY 19, 2021. To allow enough time for processing before the first weekend of fall league. (8/13/2021)
- A photo (jpeg format) must be uploaded for every player. Cards will not be printed without a photo. Parents can also upload photos to their players accounts if they have their account information for Got Soccer/Got Sport.
- If you have a tournament that requires you to have player cards and rosters before August 13th you must add a note in the comments section of your request as well as send an email to the KPSL Registrar. This request must be made 10 days before you need the documents. You will need to include Team name/contact/tournament date with your request.
- All requests will be processed in the order they are received. A notice will be sent when documents are ready for pick up.
News items: 03/17/2021
KPSL wants to make you aware of a couple of player carding administrative changes that might impact you for not only the current Spring 2021 season but the State/President’s Cup as well.
- Starting immediately the deadline to card for the following weekend will be Wednesday at 5:00 as long as all paperwork has been submitted including the medical release form, birth certificate, picture and payment.
- State Cup/President Cup Roster changes: All players must be primary rostered to a team to play in a state tournament. When, changing a player to become primarily rostered on a team, the player will have to pay $5.00 for the primary card to be printed. This is a fee charged by KSYSA.
News item: 03/15/2021
To better serve our member clubs – KPSL is pleased to announce that all of our player card processing is now online! Simply access the menu “KPSL Player Card Reconciliation” from the choices above to access the digital form for your request.
Once complete you can use a debit/credit card or echeck to complete the registration. Once received our registrar will have your cards printed and ready for pick up at the KPSL office now located at the Garmin Soccer Complex 10529 Warwick Olathe, KS 66061
News item: 02/10/2021
Soccer For Tomorrow – Olathe College ID Showcase.
Attendees are trained and scouted by college coaches from all collegiate levels! Players will have a unique opportunity to be evaluated, and interact, with various college programs at one time! K-State. KU. UMKC. Mid-America Nazarene. Baker. Drury. Rockhurst. Benedictine. Missouri State and many others will be at the showcase. The event has sold out 4 years running so reserve your spot today! Click here for a complete list of schools and to register.
News item: 01/27/2021
FYI – before any roster changes are made, the requestor must have the KPSL Reconciliation Form completed and payment for KPSL must be provided at pick up.
This is the process, so please make sure you formalize the process on your end, and we will get this done ASAP once we get the required paperwork.
The KPSL Reconciliation Form can be downloaded at this link.
News item: 01/23/2021
As of this past week….Tommy Howell has stepped down from his position as KPSL registrar and will no longer be fulfilling those services for our organization. We’d like to thank Tommy for his years of service and help that he faithfully provided to all the KPSL clubs and we wish him nothing but the best moving forward.
We will be hiring a new individual to replace Tommy in the very near future but, in the interim, if you have any questions and/or needs please feel free to reach out to Carrie Douglas at the Kansas Youth Soccer office.
Carrie can be reached at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Her phone number is: 913-782-6434 Ext: 202
Mailing address is:
10529 South Warwick St.
Olathe, Kansas 66061
News item: 12/06/2020
KPSL is pleased to announce the following board members for 2020-2021
- John Duker – President
- Gregg Hudson – Vice President
- Carol Stovall – Vice President
- Joe Comparato – Treasurer
- Kelly Brende – Secretary
- John Knell – Technical Director
- Alex Delaney – At Large
News item: 11/09/2020
News item: 07/17/2020
Here are some COVID-19 reminders as we move into the Fall 2020 season from KSYSA Executive Director Joe Burger
News items: 05/18/2020
Here is 2020 Tryout Information from KSYSA Executive Director Joe Burger
Here are the 2020 return to play guidelines.
News item: 04/07/2020
Here is the latest info from KSYSA
News item: 03/23/2020
Here are the latest guidelines from KSYSA
Links to important Heartland soccer information and resources for your team.
Calendars / Tournaments
Links to the Heartland Soccer and Kansas Youth Soccer activity calendars as well as a handy tocurnmaent resource to help your team find local and/or regional tournaments.
Forms / Info
Links to required team management forms and permits.
KPSL Team Registration Reconciliation Form 2020/2021
KSYSA Membership Information
Release to Practice/Tryout
Medical Release Form
Mulitple Roster Form
Guest Player Permit
Background Check & Risk Management