Kansas Premier Soccer League was originally the premier league run by Heartland Soccer Association.That has since changed and KPSL (Kansas Premier Soccer League) is now one of six soccer clubs that are playing under the “umbrella” of Heartland Soccer Association. The word “League” is still part of the organization’s name for historical reasons. KPSL is considered the home of the independent team or club.
News item: 01/28/2020.
Soccer For Tomorrow – Olathe College ID Showcase.
Attendees are trained and scouted by college coaches from all collegiate levels! Players will have a unique opportunity to be evaluated, and interact, with various college programs at one time! K-State. KU. Baker. Drury. Rockhurst. Benedictine. Missouri State and many others will be at the showcase. The event has sold out 3 years running so reserve your spot today! Click here for a complete list of schools and to register.
News item: 11/22/19.
New KSYSA director search.
KSYSA has started the search for a new Executive Director. Job requirements and more info can be found at this link.
News item: 11/21/19.
KPSL Teams – Are you looking for Winter Practice Space?
Homefield USA is a new 250,000 sq foot sports facility. It has limited practice space is available during the weekdays and weekend.
Mini Pitches $70/hr
Large Soccer Pitch $225/hr
2115 E Kansas City Rd, Olathe, KS 66061
To book your practice times, contact:
COREY OWEN Programming Director
News Item: 08/20/19:
KSPL has a new President.
We are pleased to announce that Johnny Duker will serve as president for our 2019-2020 year. You can read a message from Johnny here.
News Item: 07/30/19:
Important rule changes put in place by FIFA that will be implemented by Heartland this season.
- At a goal kick and a free kick for the defending team in their own penalty area, the ball is in play when it is “kicked and moved”, i.e., it can be played before it leaves the penalty area.
- For defensive walls, attacking team players must be at least 1 meter away from the defensive wall
- On Penalty Kicks, the goal keeper has to have one foot on the line
- On dropped balls, the ball will be dropped for one player of the team that last touched the ball at the point of the last touch. All other players must be at least 4.5 yards away.
- Deliberate handball remains an offense. There are some additional instruction when handling, even if accidental, will be a free kick. (This one will take a little longer to perfect)
- On the coin toss at the start of the match, the team that wins the toss can now choose to take the kick off or which goal to attack.
- Finally, players being substituted can leave from any part of the field. Substitutions still have to enter at the mid line.
Here is a link to a document explaining how the above rule changes will be implemented during games.
KPSL Annual Meeting will be held on July 22, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. at the Heartland Office located at 9161 W. 133th Street., Overland Park, KS 66213.
Heartland Fall 2019 league registration checks have to be received by June 21, 2019. You can mail or drop off a check to 13204 Flint St., Overland Park, KS 66213.
Fall 2019 Documents:
KPSL Tryout Central
Here are some clubs that are looking for some specific players to fill out teams.
Club – Spring Hill Attack
Team – Girls 2008-2010 (U-12)
More Info – Our independent premier Division 7 team is looking for a goalkeeper for the Spring 2020 season. If interested, please contact coach Dan Huntington at:email@example.com
Club: Silver Tigers
Team: Girls 2004, 2005 (u16
More info: Our independent Premier Div 5 team is looking for players for our Fall Season 2019. If interested please contact coach Julio Santiago. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to important Heartland soccer information and resources for your team.
Calendars / Tournaments
Links to the Heartland Soccer and Kansas Youth Soccer activity calendars as well as a handy tocurnmaent resource to help your team find local and/or regional tournaments.
Forms / Info
Links to required team management forms and permits.
KPSL RECONCILLIATION FORM 2019-2020
KPSL Information 2019-2020
KSYSA Membership Form
Release to Practice/Tryout
Medical Release Form
Mulitple Roster Form
Guest Player Permit